In 2015, the Local Operational Research Assistance (OPERA) Program continued to foster hands-on transportation research by cities and counties across Minnesota. Local agencies completed seven OPERA-funded projects on topics that included a road coating for snowmobile crossings, an urban snow support vehicle, and a reptile crossing tunnel designed to improve road safety.
To learn more about the projects completed this year, download project fact sheets created by the Minnesota Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), a program housed at CTS:
- Asphalt Tailgate Extension, Cottonwood County Highway Department (259 KB PDF)
- Skid Loader Attachment Flatbed for Hook Truck, City of Golden Valley (173 KB PDF)
- Urban Snow Support Vehicle, City of Golden Valley (370 KB PDF)
- Concrete Form Hook Box, City of Golden Valley (188 KB PDF)
- Ultra-thin Bonded Wearing Course Over Micro-Milling Test Section, McLeod County Highway Department (255 KB PDF)
- Reptile Crossing, Washington County (151 KB PDF)
- Trail/Road Coating for Snowmobile Crossings , Scott County (173 KB PDF)
The City of Golden Valley also produced two short videos highlighting its Concrete Form Hook Box and Skid Loader Attachment Hook Box projects. More videos, project fact sheets, and full project reports are available on the Minnesota LTAP website.
The Local OPERA Program is funded by the Minnesota Local Road Research Board.